The Treasury module provides a "pot" of funds that can be managed by stakeholders in the system and a structure for making spending proposals from this pot.
The Treasury Module itself provides the pot to store funds, and a means for stakeholders to propose, approve, and deny expenditures. The chain will need to provide a method (e.g. inflation, fees) for collecting funds.
By way of example, the Council could vote to fund the Treasury with a portion of the block reward and use the funds to pay developers.
A separate subsystem exists to allow for an agile "tipping" process, whereby a reward may be given without first having a pre-determined stakeholder group come to consensus on how much should be paid.
A group of
Tippers is determined through the config
Trait. After half of these have declared
some amount that they believe a particular reported reason deserves, then a countdown period is
entered where any remaining members can declare their tip amounts also. After the close of the
countdown period, the median of all declared tips is paid to the reported beneficiary, along
with any finders fee, in case of a public (and bonded) original report.
- Proposal: A suggestion to allocate funds from the pot to a beneficiary.
- Beneficiary: An account who will receive the funds from a proposal iff the proposal is approved.
- Deposit: Funds that a proposer must lock when making a proposal. The deposit will be returned or slashed if the proposal is approved or rejected respectively.
- Pot: Unspent funds accumulated by the treasury module.
- Tipping: The process of gathering declarations of amounts to tip and taking the median amount to be transferred from the treasury to a beneficiary account.
- Tip Reason: The reason for a tip; generally a URL which embodies or explains why a particular individual (identified by an account ID) is worthy of a recognition by the treasury.
- Finder: The original public reporter of some reason for tipping.
- Finders Fee: Some proportion of the tip amount that is paid to the reporter of the tip, rather than the main beneficiary.
General spending/proposal protocol:
propose_spend- Make a spending proposal and stake the required deposit.
set_pot- Set the spendable balance of funds.
configure- Configure the module's proposal requirements.
reject_proposal- Reject a proposal, slashing the deposit.
approve_proposal- Accept the proposal, returning the deposit.
report_awesome- Report something worthy of a tip and register for a finders fee.
retract_tip- Retract a previous (finders fee registered) report.
tip_new- Report an item worthy of a tip and declare a specific amount to tip.
tip- Declare or redeclare an amount to tip for a particular reason.
close_tip- Close and pay out a tip.
The Treasury module depends on the
Genesis config for the module, allow to build genesis storage.
An open tipping "motion". Retains all details of a tip including information on the finder and the members who have voted.
A spending proposal.
Simple preimage lookup from the reason's hash to the original data. Again, has an insecure enumerable hash since the key is guaranteed to be the result of a secure hash.
Tips that are not yet completed. Keyed by the hash of
Error for the treasury module.
Events for this module.
An index of a proposal. Just a