In this tutorial, you will learn how to build a permissioned network with Substrate by using node-authorization pallet. 完成本教程大概需要花费你 1 个小时的时间。
You are probably already familiar with public or permissionless blockchain, where everyone is free to join the network by running a node. In a permissioned network, only authorized nodes are allowed to perform specific activities, like validate blocks and propagate transactions. Some examples of where permissioned blockchains may be desired:
- Private (or consortium) networks
- Highly regulated data environments (healthcare, B2B ledgers, etc.)
- Testing pre-public networks at scale
Before you start, we expect that:
- You have completed the Build a PoE Decentralized Application Tutorial.
- You are conceptually familiar with P2P Networking in Substrate.
- We suggest to complete the Private Network Tutorial to get experince with this first (not required).
- Modify the Node Template project to add node-authorization pallet.
- Launch multiple nodes and authorize new nodes to join the network by calling the dispatchable calls provided by node-authorization pallet.
Sound fun? Great! Let's begin!