In this tutorial, you will learn how to compile and launch the Substrate Developer Hub Node Template and interact with it using the Substrate Developer Hub Front-End Template.
This tutorial is aimed at someone who has never touched Substrate before and wants to get a basic and quick understanding of what Substrate is all about. We will not be going into depth about the intricacies of developing on Substrate, but will hopefully satisfy your curiosity so that you will continue your journey!
This tutorial should take you about 1 hour to complete. We will be compiling Rust code, but you do not need to have any Rust experience to complete this guide. We provide you with working code and explain how to use it.
We only expect that:
- You are generally familiar with software development and command line interfaces.
- You are generally familiar with blockchains and smart contract platforms.
- You are open to learning about the bleeding edge of blockchain development.
What you will be doing
Before we even get started, let's lay out what we are going to do over the course of this tutorial. We will:
- Set up your computer to be able to develop with Substrate.
- Use a node template project to run a Substrate-based blockchain.
- Use a front-end template project to interact with the template node.
Sound reasonable? Good, then let's begin!