In this tutorial, you will learn to create a custom "Proof Of Existence" dApp using the Substrate blockchain development framework.
This tutorial should take you about 1 hour to complete. We will be using the Rust programming language and ReactJS, but you do not need to know these to be able to complete this guide. We will provide you with working code snippets and explain what all the code does at a high level.
We only expect that:
- You are generally familiar with software development, writing code, and running your code.
- You have completed the Creating Your First Substrate Chain Tutorial.
- You are open to learning about the bleeding edge of blockchain development.
What you will be doing
Before we even get started, let's lay out what we are going to do over the course of this tutorial. We will:
- Launch a Substrate blockchain based on a template project.
- Modify this template project to add our own custom logic.
- Modify a front-end template to interact with your brand new blockchain.
Sound reasonable? Good, then let's begin!